Formula Torque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 - Montezemolo: Alonso would destroy Ferrari harmony

Go down

F1 - Montezemolo: Alonso would destroy Ferrari harmony Empty F1 - Montezemolo: Alonso would destroy Ferrari harmony

Post by Ross Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:34 pm

F1 - Montezemolo: Alonso would destroy Ferrari harmony Alonsoraikkonen1-lg
Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemelo has admitted signing Alonso for '09 would disrupt the team's harmony

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says he wouldn’t want to disrupt the harmony inside the team by signing Fernando Alonso to partner Kimi Raikkonen.

Renault’s double world champion has been rumoured as a potential future recruit for the Italian squad since last year, with speculation about a possible move in 2009 resurfacing following Felipe Massa’s poor start to the season.

But di Montezemolo, who has previously spoken of his admiration for Alonso, says a so-called ‘dream team’ of the sport’s only current world champions wouldn’t work.

“To create a Raikkonen-Alonso superteam would be asking for trouble,” he was quoted as saying by Italy’s Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

“I want two drivers working together in harmony.”

Raikkonen and Massa remain contracted to the Italian squad for a further one and two seasons respectively.

Nevertheless, the Alonso speculation increased following Massa’ early 2008 troubles and Renault’s failure to return to the front of the field this year.

The Spaniard was forced to deny suggestions there was an escape clause in his Renault deal at the Bahrain Grand Prix earlier this month.

He added that he had faith that the team with which he won his world titles with in 2005-06 can turn things around, be it this year or in the new era of regulations in 2009.

“All this [2009 rules] can change the picture again in Formula 1, so at the moment I am really convinced that we can do a good job, Renault and me together,” he said.

ITV Sport
Ross
Ross
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-02-23

https://www.youtube.com/absolutemorons

Back to top Go down