Formula Torque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 World Champion?

2 posters

Go down

Who will take the 2008 F1 World Championship?

2008 World Champion? I_vote_lcap33%2008 World Champion? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
2008 World Champion? I_vote_lcap0%2008 World Champion? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

2008 World Champion? Empty 2008 World Champion?

Post by Ross Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:02 pm

I know this is quite unoriginal however its a bit odd not to have a topic about who people think will be the next World Champion on a motoring forum.
So, who do you think will be next then?
Can Kimi make it a second successive title? Can boy Massa do anything about it?
Will McLaren be as competetive with a LOT less money and a watchful eye over them from the FIA? BMW Sauber are widely tipped to win races in 2008, can they go one better than last year?
What do you think?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I support Felipe Massa so I wouldn't be a good fan to predict somebody else will win. In fact I strongly believe Massa can win, he will just have strong opposition. Massa was in contention for the 2007 world championship until three races before the end, however that was due to poor reliability on Ferrari's part and some small mistakes carried over from 2006 and his Sauber days. The Brazilian will no doubt have been focusing on completely erradicating all errors from his driving in winter testing, and having Michael Schumacher back in the cockpit in December could only have been good.

I think all round Ferrari will be the strongest team. They have an advantage in every single aspect; They are the second richest team in F1 in terms of money so they will not spare any expense when it comes to developing the car. They are the richest in terms of experience and knowledge and they have learned from last season more than any other top team as they had the most to improve on.

The F2008 looks promising, having left every 2008 testing venue on top so far, and to further emphasise their advantage McLaren look to be less competetive. After all, they can't put one wheel out of line else they will smash into the barrier that is the FIA.

Kovalainen has been the strongest of the Woking-based drivers in testing so far but it's early days.

As I said above, BMW are widely tipped to win races in 2008 but they will first have to overcome their handling difficulties with the F1.08. In fact if the Valencia and Jerez tests are anything to go by, Heidfeld and Kubica will be stronger than the car this season.

Another team I expect to be strong is Honda. They have hired miracle man Ross Brawn, without whom even an incredibly knowledgeable team like Ferrari have had their problems. Nobody, even Honda themselves, believes the team can return to their 2006 competitiveness until at least 2009. However I'm not so sure - my theory is 'They have the know-how from '06, and 2007 was just a bogey year. Why can't they just do exactly what they did right in 2006.' It's not like they will have to work their way back up because they were only where they want to be the season before last.

So overall I think 2008 will be a Ferrari year, I reckon 11 out of 18 races they will win. Massa to be champion! Oh, and if anybody is superstitious, Raikkonen's season history seems a bit zig-zagged: 2003 - Strong, 2004 - Poor, 2005 - Strong, 2006 - Poor, 2007 - World Champion, 2008...
Ross
Ross
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-02-23

https://www.youtube.com/absolutemorons

Back to top Go down

2008 World Champion? Empty Re: 2008 World Champion?

Post by mclarenf1 Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:17 pm

Hamiton will win the world championship, but it will be close run as kimi is very strong. I believe that Massa has blown it already with TWO retirements in the first two races. Heikki is also a strong driver and could win a few races. We'll just have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mclarenf1
mclarenf1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-01

http://www.f1.com

Back to top Go down