Formula Torque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview

3 posters

Go down

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview Empty Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview

Post by Ross Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:51 am

Space Invaders was huge. Pac Man, again, huge. These games revolutionised gaming. Nothing has ever had an impact on gaming quite like them. Until in 1997 DMA Design in Scotland released Grand Theft Auto. At first, nobody took much notice and the only thing it was ever famed for was the controversy surrounding it. It was, after all, a step backward in bringing children up to be good, honest citizens. GTA II was no different, both games being addictive yet unfulfilling in the world of modern gaming.

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview Gta_advance_1

By 1999 DMA had become Rockstar Games and the company's fortunes were about to change beyond anyone's belief. The very basic, two-dimensional Grand Theft Autos became 3D with GTA: III and the world fell silent as stunning graphics and true to life scenarios were played. This was a new era for Rockstar Games and indeed a new era for gaming itself. Nobody had ever seen anything like it.
A change in pattern occured when the fourth in the series was named Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview Gta-vice-city

Players could freely decide what to do; complete missions, drive a seemingly infinate array of vehicles, listen to several radio stations and buy houses. Graphics were again much better in Vice City and people in the street would actually be humming the tunes from the radio stations they listen to whilst playing the incredibly addictive 1986-based game. Everybody knew this was it, the world of gaming had exceeded what everybody thought was it's peak.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was set in San Fransisco and the game featured three islands. Los Santos was a gangland, almost a 'ghetto'. Las Venturas was desert, like Nevada. And San Fierro was in mountainous countryside, the town having the hills and tramways of the real San Francisco. More cars than ever before could be driven and by this time Rockstar were so confident in themselves they could let their not-so-serious side show and radio DJs could sware and inuendos were constantly made.

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview 914983_20041025_screen013

Vice City was one thing but San Andreas was, and no doubt still is, the greatest game, without exception, of all time. Nothing holds a candle to it. It had been looking, for the several years in anticipation gamers spent waiting for Rockstar to announce a new game, like no game would ever come close.
In 2007, Rockstar Games and Take-Two productions announced that on April 25, 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV will be released in UK stores. There is incredible expectations for Rockstar to deliver. It has to be just right. The plot must be perfect. The graphics must be state of the art. The already announced New York setting must blow gamers' minds. Even the music must be fantastic. There has never been so much anticipation for a film, a concert, an album or a game. Everybody is counting down. GTA: IV - This is it.

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview Gta-iv

Last edited by Ross on Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Ross
Ross
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-02-23

https://www.youtube.com/absolutemorons

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV - Preview

Post by Appie Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:48 am

Well, i'm just saygin that i pre ordered my copy and im reserving my time for that day:D
Appie
Appie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan D3v Fri May 02, 2008 12:20 pm

I can't Wait for the new GTA looks awesome. Getting it on Saturday =].The New GTA though looks awesome, does anyone know how much it is? Very Happy

Was anyone else disapointed in San Andreas like i was.
Don't get me wrong but i think they could of done a alot better with it. Still it has the great GTA feel to it.
Bryan D3v
Bryan D3v
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Fri May 02, 2008 2:16 pm

lol i think gta san andreas was the best game EVER released lol and i have gta iv now. as good as iv is, it hasnt beaten san andreas in my eyes lol
Ross
Ross
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-02-23

https://www.youtube.com/absolutemorons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down